Currently, several sophisticated smartphones have waterproof features, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 7, or even the Sony Xperia X series. However, the fact is that most smartphones today still don’t have the waterproof feature. Is your smartphone also included in the smartphone is not waterproof? If so, you should pay attention to the following information.
One thing to note, don’t ever panic if one day you accidentally drop your smartphone into the water. Try to get your smartphone out of the water immediately, and do this while remaining calm. Furthermore, there are some things that you should avoid and also do to prevent and repair damage to your smartphone.
Things you shouldn’t do if your smartphone gets wet
- Don’t turn on your smartphone.
- Don’t press any buttons.
- Do not shake or tilt your smartphone. This is done to prevent water from spreading into the components of your smartphone.
- If you are not experienced, do not immediately disassemble the smartphone. Because some smartphones are already equipped with an LDI (Liquid Damage Indicator) when you carelessly disassemble the smartphone the indicator on the LDI will be active. And this can result in the loss of your smartphone warranty.
- Do not blow or fan water from the top of the smartphone. This can result in the entry of water into the inside of the smartphone which can exacerbate the damage to your smartphone.
- Avoid drying your smartphone with hot items such as a hairdryer or microwave.
Things to do
- If the smartphone is still on, immediately turn off the smartphone.
- Open and remove your smartphone case. Then also remove the SIM card and microSD.
- Use a cloth, tissue, or other objects that absorb water. Use it to dry your smartphone and make sure you do this very carefully so as not to push water inside.
- If the water attack is severe, you can use a vacuum to suck up any water trapped in the narrow crevices inside. Do this very carefully and make sure you can reach small parts like the MicroSD slot, SIM card, and battery.
- To ensure that the smartphone is completely dry, you can use rice. Rice is great for absorbing liquids. You can use a lunch box, basin, or other containers, the most important thing is to make sure your smartphone is completely submerged in the rice.
- Let your smartphone dry for 24 or 48 hours don’t be tempted to turn it on.
- After a few days, remove the smartphone from the rice and turn on your smartphone.
- If the smartphone does not turn on, try the charging process. If the smartphone does not turn on, there is a possibility that the battery is damaged. Immediately take the smartphone to a professional repair place.
- If the smartphone can turn on, we recommend testing some important features on your smartphones, such as screen, speaker, headset, camera, fingerprint, and other important features.